DISPERMAT® SL-C EX bead mill
Bead mill for fine grinding in explosive areas up to Zone 0
- 1.1 – 4 kW
- 0.05 – 50 litres
- C [Comfort]
DISPERMAT® SL-C EX laboratory and pilot plant mills are closed, horizontal bead mills with high output and extremely low dead volumes. During the dispersion process, the product is fed through the horizontal more
DISPERMAT® SL-C EX explosion-proof horizontal bead mill
DISPERMAT® SL-C EX laboratory and pilot plant mills are closed, horizontal bead mills with high output and extremely low dead volumes. During the dispersion process, the product is fed through the horizontal milling chamber and continuously dispersed. The DISPERMAT® SL-C EX agitator ball milll can be used for single pass as well as re‒circulation milling. After dispersion, the integrated air pressure system presses the remaining mill base out of the milling chamber which provides a complete recovery of the dispersed material. Due to the low dead volume even the smallest quantities can be dispersed with high yield making the DISPERMAT® SL-C EX an ideal tool for research, development and quality control. Larger quantities can also be processed within a very short period of time. In order to minimise the product loss, the mill base is fed directly from the supply vessel into the milling chamber. The dispersed product passes through the mill base separation (dynamic gap) and is recovered either in a vessel (single pass) or flows back into the supply vessel (re‒circulation method).
The milling system is made of a special wear resistand, high alloy steel. As an option it is also available made of:
- Ceramic or hard metal is also available for pharmaceutical and electronic applications where metallic abrasion in the millbase has to be avoided.
- ZrO2 zirconium oxide: a hardwearing white ceramic for minimal wear or colour contamination.
- SiSiC silicon carbide: a hard black ceramic for minimal wear and with excellent heat transfer properties
The DISPERMAT® SL-C EX bead mill is supplied with VITON (FKM‒rubber) O‒rings as standard. EPDM (ethylene propylene) O‒rings can be fitted at no extra charge. If VITON or EPDM is not compatible with the products being milled, perfluoroelastomeres O‒rings are recommended: KALREZ®, CHEMRAZ®, PERLAST®. Refer to page 177 for the O‒ring chemical compatibility chart.
Special benefits of the DISPERMAT® SL-C EX agitator ball mill
- Quick and cost effective dispersion of new formulations due to exact repeatability of dispersions.
- Quick and reliable transfer of laboratory development into production because of quantitative knowledge of the required mechanical power input.
- Quality control and assurance of production.
- Single pass and continuous procedure
- Circulation milling with integrated pumping and stirring system
- Dispersion of flowing and non‒flowing products
- High mechanical power input permits processing of difficult to disperse materials
- Easy to use and secure to handle
DISPERMAT® SL-C EX bead mill milling system:
- Milling chamber of wear‒resistant high alloy stainless steel with hardened nitrided steel. The milling chamber and the milling rotor are available in hard metal, ceramic (ZrO2) or silicon carbide (SiSiC).
- Millbase separation by dynamic gap
- Mechanical shaft seal
- Seal pressure system with integrated cooling
- Minimised dead volume
- Dispersion of small quantities of millbase is possible due to almost complete product recovery
- Very high millbase yield
- Excellent temperature transfer due to guided cooling water system with extremely large surface area
- Quick change of millbase due to particularly easy and simple cleaning
Highlights DISPERMAT® SL-C EX bead mill
<p>ZONE 0/1/2<br /> explosion protection</p>
<p>SPEED ADJUSTMENT<br /> with rotary pulse encoder</p>
<p>MILLING SYSTEM<br /> made of ZrO2 or SiSiC</p>
<p>SINCE 1972<br /> quality, precision & durable technology</p>
| DISPERMAT® |
| Milling chamber volume|
| Product volume|
|DISPERMAT® SL5-C EX bead mill||1.1||0 – 6000||0.05||0.05 – 0.75|
|DISPERMAT® SL12-C EX bead mill||1.1||0 – 6000||0.125||0.15 – 0.75|
|DISPERMAT® SL25-C EX bead mill||2.2||0 – 6000||0.25||0.3 – 2.5|
|DISPERMAT® SL50-C EX bead mill||3||0 – 6000||0.5||0.5 – 10|
|DISPERMAT® SL100-C EX bead mill||3||0 – 3000||1||1 – 20|
|DISPERMAT® SL200-C EX bead mill||4||0 – 3000||2||2 – 50|
|Category 1||Category 2||Category 3|
|Hazard||permanent, frequent or over an extended time||occasionally||rarely and for a short time|
|Requirement||very high safety||high safety||normal safety|
|Zone / Substance group|| Zone 0 / Gas|
Zone 20 / Dust
| Zone 1 / Gas|
Zone 21 / Dust
| Zone 2 / Gas|
Zone 22 / Dust
Temperature classes and explosion groups
Refer to temperature classes and explosion groups for an assignment of gases and vapours.
| Explosion group|| T1|
300 ‒ 450°C
200 ‒ 300°C
135 ‒ 200°C
100 ‒ 135°C
85 ‒ 100°C
| i-amyl acetate|
|IIB||city gas||ethylene||hydrogen sulphide||ethyl ether|
The DISPERMAT® SL-C EX explosion proof bead mill is fitted with the C technology
DISPERWHEEL® speed adjustment
infinitely variable speed adjustment with rotary pulse encoder
Large color display
indications of speed, torque, power, product temperature, timer and peripheral speed
dispersion method: constant speed or constant mechanical power input for optimum repeatability, temperature‒based dispersing
recording of the process parameters with graphical indication
Switch off parameters
switch off function for temperature, speed, torque and power
Database 100 individual PRESET configurations for speed, time, switch off parameters, ramp function, etc.
net power calibration
USB (Wi-Fi, LAN expected in 2022)
data interface for WINDISP© 7 software for documentation, analysis, research, development and quality control